Monday, June 19, 2006

Better to post late than never...

So, after our lovely Declan was born, I left the house for the first time a little more than 24 hours later. Against the advice of our midwife, I went to Finn's Kindergarten graduation with our newborn. Man, wouldn't have missed it for the world. Any extra healing or time it might take for me to get up and at 'em again was completely worth seeing my boy and his peers show how much they have changed from the beginning of the year.

I love Finn's school. The staff there are fantastic, the kids are wonderful ,with great families who are involved and commited to insuring that all children at MLC receive a first-rate education . We feel so lucky to be involved in such a great community.

So, the kids walked down the aisle while the teacher sang Pomp and Circumstance, one of my all time favorites. The children each got their diplomas and spoke a few words about what made them special or what they would miss. My little boy went up and said what made him special was his little brother, who was born yesterday. I of course got the post pregnancy hormones going and shed a few tears... that alone was worth an extra two weeks of bedrest!

Man, I adore my little graduate.

Later that day, or perhaps the next-they have all blurred in together-Declan got his first bath. Which he hated, but we did get the lovely picture of my frog boys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home