Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Happy Birthday Chris!

Today we went over to Charlotte's lovely abode for a fantastic meal to celebrate Chris getting a little older. I love it when Charlotte has shindigs because A. she is one of the best cooks I know (Marc, I said one of...) and B. Finn always has a fantastic time running around the house jumping on whomever will catch him.


First I will talk about the food... Charlotte had a spread of Middle Eastern fare which she made and thankfully for us meat eaters she threw in some steak. I LOVE steak! Thanks Charlotte for making my day! But the picture is a lovely and delicious potato dish she made. I thought it was properly fantastic and pretty to look at to boot! Charlotte also made her fantastic cous cous and some yummy baba ganoush.


After dinner Declan got to be oohed and ahhed by the pretty girls, I think he took quite the liking to Joanie and Casey, who also seemed to take quite the liking to him. I love having boys because the pretty girls always fall for them... Joanie already admitted abit of a crush on the young lad, I can't blame her myself.




For dessert we sang happy birthday to Chris and devoured a monkey cake. I wish I would have taken a picture of the remains of this thing, because I think that would have been better than the beginnings! I love monkey bread. I think it may have been the best thing to come out of the '70's, well, I am partial to disco, but monkey bread is high up there! Especially when Charlotte makes it.


Thanks Chris for having a birthday so we could celebrate! Can we celebrate your birthday every month instead of once a year??


Then, the most exciting part of the day for Finn, the time of day that he was yearning for since he woke up... band practice. The Minor Thirds are playing a house party this Saturday, and Finn is playing in one of their songs. Being a part of tm3 is turning out to be really important to Finn and it is also a lot of fun for him. If you want to come to the house party shoot us an email and we will give you directions. (See video below for what to expect.) So this pic is right after they set up his drums before practice. I wish I would have gotten a shot of practice, but I am sure we will have plenty from the party to share.



So, we all went to bed a little late, but happy and exhausted as can be. I just hope that both boys will sleep in a little so I can catch up myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home